I can’t keep up with my housework!!

1079687_clothesbasket__

Well you might say who does :)

I guess I’ve mentioned in a few of my posts that I have organization problem. When it comes to work, I know exactly what to do and the location of my belongings.

Well when it comes to my house, it’s a bit different, not that I don’t know where everything is. I know, but that is because of my good memory not that they are in their specific places and organized! Imagine that; add two toddlers, my home travel business, blogging (also working on a new travel blog), and my husband. I added my husband at the end because he really helps me, not that he doesn’t complain about the way I organized things while helping me.(He won’t be happy with what I said, but hey, it’s my blog I can say whatever I want)

Anyhow, I hired a help once a week to clean the house and maybe help with the children while I do some actual work done. She is very organized and knows exactly how to put things away to de-clutter. I have been inspired by her and decided to keep house the same as she left it for at least one week. I run a clean house don’t get me wrong. But I have to confess it is cluttered. I’m working on putting things back in their places or find a place for things that are just laying somewhere in need of a place.

This inspiration is killing me!!! It’s been three weeks that I promised myself to keep the house de-cluttered, and wasn’t successful yet. It’s almost midnight that I’m writing this post and this is my fifth chance to sit down today. Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, for a short time after I put the kids to bed, and now. Well I have done a lot of things done. Cleaned my bedroom, vacuumed the family room (several times), cooked, cleaned kitchen, did two load of laundry and well amazingly the clothes are all folded and in their drawers. Oh most importantly I reorganized my closet.

But I’m not satisfied yet, I can see toys here and there, there is my daughter’s tea set in the middle of her bedroom, and the bathroom full of floor towels (the kids splashed everywhere bathing) is left for tomorrow to be picked up.

Tell me, can I keep this going for long, will I get used to it? Will I be able to do anything else except cleaning? Is there a cheat sheet for housework? I did play with my children a little but they were entertaining themselves most of today, and we didn’t do any craft, and I didn’t work that much. I can only hope for an easier tomorrow.

Until later,

About Anahita

I'm 36 years old, proud mother of two toddlers. Son born in 2005 and daughter born 22 months later in 2007. I'm a Homemaker/Travel agent. Like cooking, sewing, painting and love kids.
This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I can’t keep up with my housework!!

1. Cassie says:

First of all, love the new design! Looks really good. :)

Organizing is a huge deal for me. I hate clutter with a passion and I like having “a place for everything and everything in its place” so I’m always striving to find better ways to stay organized.

I think the important thing to remember is that you can’t do everything at once.

It’s better if you focus on one thing at a time. If I’m doing some nitty gritty spring cleaning, I focus on one room a day. If my time is strapped, I focus on one part of a room a day.

For example, my bedroom closet would be a huge undertaking, so I would focus on finishing that in one day, then when I was done, I could feel good about what I accomplished. Everything else can wait, and I’m ok with that.

Don’t expect to get your house in tip-top shape in one day. Make a list, make it reasonable, and concentrate on finishing it.

If my list is really long, I set the oven timer and try and get each task on my list done in a set amount of time. It makes me work faster. A lot of coffee works too. :)

2. Stacey says:

This is a subject I would be absolutely no help on. When my husband took on his current contract we moved our furniture into storage and rented out our house. Everything we have here fits in the back of a Yukon and Wrangler, no clutter! We live in a serviced apartment so housekeeping comes through twice a week and does all the cleaning and even changes the sheets and washes the towels. We’ve been doing this on and off for two years now so I don’t know how I’ll cope going back to the real world. Good luck with the organization! I’ll be coming to you for tips when/if we ever move back home (beginning to think there is some force field that prevents people from leaving).

3. Anna says:

Thank you for your advise Cassie, I actually tried the kitchen timer and it worked very well. It was like if I was racing time. It was more like a game, if I can do this with in the time frame. I’m going to work on focusing on one thing, I’ve been starting one project in between another for ever. So this need more work than the timer.

Many thanks I may need some more tips as I go by.

Anna

4. Anna says:

Thank you for your comment Stacey. Don’t worry if you’ve been good at it before, it’s like a bike ride you get back to it quick.
    Enjoy the treat for now don’t think of the future.

Anna

5. Lori says:

Hi Anna – I’m right there with you sister! Organization… and housework (gasp), not my strongest virtue. I love, love, love http://www.flylady.net — her systems have helped me so much!

6. Anna says:

Thanks Lori,

I’m glad to see I’m not alone. Checked http://www.flylady.net loved it.

7. Priscillia says:

I feel for ya. I have a difficult time keeping up, and I don’t even have pets! Just a riculously messy fiance and pets. lol

8. Gillian says:

Going to try the timer and c does it work I am self employed with 3. 4 o clock starts during the week I have 5 children 3 of them r teenagers the other 2 are twins of 7. I do try to get them to help me but it is useless at all times and then I just give up but I am going to give it a shot and see

9. Brittany C. says:

This is tough. In fact, I landed on this post today because I’m struggling to keep it together. I feel that as soon as I get the house spotless, it’s a mess all over again the next minute! There’s too much to do for one person. I hired help at one point and re-considering doing it again!